How You Can Help

Donate Now

You can help us change people's lives for the better by helping support the work we do Uganda

Make an online donation now using your credit or debit card via PayPal. Click on the Donate button and enter your amount. We suggest £25 but you can enter any amount:

Donate by post by sending your cheque or postal order made out to Improving Chances to this address:

Improving Chances, 
The Cottage of Content,
Fern Rd,
Derbyshire SK17 9NP

Gift Aid - You can make your gifts worth almost 30% more, at no extra cost to you.

Charities Aid Foundation You can also make a secure online donation with your CAF card 

Donate via PayPal

Regular Giving

If you would like to give on a regular basis, e.g. monthly, this can be done through Virgin Money Giving

Improving Chances is now registered with Virgin Money Giving, a not for profit company, which enables you to collect sponsorship (and gift aid) online. If you’re raising funds for Improving Chances through an event why not make it easier by setting up a web page with Virgin Money Giving, which aims to help charities and fundraisers raise as much money as they can – and doesn’t take a penny in profit from your donations. They accept PayPal donations.


Gift Aid

Using Gift Aid means that for every pound you give, we get an extra 28 pence from the Inland Revenue, helping your donation go further.

This means that £10 can be turned into £12.80 just so long as donations are made through Gift Aid.

Imagine what a difference that could make, and it doesn't cost you a thing. So if you want your donation to go further, Gift Aid it. Click here for your Gift Aid Declaration Form.

How do I know if I'm a UK tax payer?

You are a UK tax payer if:

  • Tax is taken from your wages or salary before you receive your pay.

  • You have to fill in a self-assessment form each year

  • You have any taxable savings (in a Building Society, for instance), or a pension plan, or investment income.

  • If you have recently paid any capital gains tax, or expect to pay it in the near future. This could be on the sale of a property or some shares, for example.

If any of these apply to you, please complete and return your declaration so Improving Chances can reclaim the tax on your donations. Please note: Inheritance tax does not count as UK income tax.

What if I don't pay UK tax?

Please let us know if you don’t pay tax. We can then make a note on your records. Thank you.

What if I'm a pensioner?

You may still pay tax on a private pension plan or a savings account, or pay capital gains tax if you sell property or shares. If so, please complete and return your form to explain that you are a tax payer.

What if I'm a higher rate tax payer?

Improving Chances can still only claim back at the basic rate but please complete and return the Declaration anyway. From April 2004, you will be able to tick a box on your self assessment tax return form nominating Improving Chances to receive the other 18%.

What if I'm a lower rate tax payer?

If you pay a lower rate (10% or 20%), Improving Chances can still claim back 28p for each £1 you donate, provided you pay enough tax to cover the claim in the tax year you make the gift(s).

How will this affect my existing covenants?

Whatever gifts you’re making on a regular basis by covenant you can continue making in the normal way until your covenant expires or until you change the value of your donation - at which point your gifts will not be tax effective. However, your covenant doesn’t apply to any additional donations you might make – so if it would be better for Improving Chances if you were to make a Gift Aid Declaration. Making a Declaration is like simply extending your covenant to cover any gifts you might ever make – and without the bother of ever having to fill in any more forms. It’s that simple!

If I complete and return the Declaration, does that commit me to giving money?

Absolutely not. It just means that if you do give any amount to Improving Chances, we can claim an extra 28 pence for every £1 you donate back from the Inland Revenue.

Who will have access to this information about me?

Only Improving Chances and the Inland Revenue. We will not share it with anyone else.

What if I send my donations via CAF (the Charities Aid Foundation)?

If you make donations via CAF, tax has already been reclaimed. However, please fill in the Declaration form anyway so that any separate donations you might make can be tax effective as well.

Gift Aid Declaration Form


Please click here to download our sponsorship form

Sponsorship Form

Contact us for more info about how you can help.